"Top 10 U.S. Government budget cuts" |
10) Immediately after the U.S. Government budget passed, Congress started bickering over the 2012 budget. Don't you just love election year politics?
9) If the U.S. Government was inclined to cut the budget deficit, they'd remove all of the funding for the Corporation for Public Broadcasting and use that money to build another bunker buster bomb.
8) If the U.S. Government wanted to cut its budget, they should cut funding for the National Institute for Literacy. There would be fewer people who could read, and complain, about what's in the government budget bills, and no one
in Congress reads the whole thing.
7) If you actually eliminated all the waste in Government, you'd have to fire most of the government and start over.
6) If the American Government wanted to cut the federal budget, it would stop such vital expenditures as the Institute for Better Education Through Resource Technology. Clearly, if the government actually knew anything about
improving education by wisely using technology, this fine example of pork would not exist, and that money would go towards actually educating.
5) The American Government will gladly cut the budget for unimportant things like child welfare services, as long as they aren't forced to cut the six-figure salaries of the executives of those services.
4) If The U.S. Government cut all the pork out of its annual budget, it would include the vast sums Congress pays the actual Pork industry.
3) A Government that chooses to cut its budget is about as common as a mosquito that builds rockets to go to Mars.
2) U.S. Government pork includes such critical costs as $800,000 on something known as the Illinois Height Modernization for the Illinois State Geographical Survey.
... and the #1 U.S. Government budget cut is:
1) Congress says it is cutting the fat. You trust them, don't you?
Reference: Yasha Harari for TheDailyDose.com.